View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheNtrz
Proven
Veteran Poster

re: Commando Healing

Healing as a commando is a joke if all the dmg is going to the tank, we're probably the best single target healer available. To counter this Sage's are pretty much better in every situation that invloves more than one person taking damage(pretty much EVERY situation you will find yourself in). It's not that we can't raid heal, it just takes a higher gear and skill level to do effectively. Also we get no combat rez

If you are a fresh 50 focus on getting crit and surge up. Once you get to around 30-35% crit and 70-80% surge(not counting the 15% you get from talents) you can start getting Alacrity. Just don't focus on it. In full Champion gear I have 34%crit, 72% surge, and 11.x % alacrity. That makes my AMP 1 second and my MP 1.5 second cast.

If you need to heal an Ops pop super charged cells. Hit your tank with kolto bomb for the 10% dmg reduction then start picking out targets and alternating AMP and MP on them(with Bacta Infusion thrown around as well). Popping a crit/surge trinket or a power trinket now is usually a good idea. If you are a fresh 50 having an alacrity trinket and popping in this situation is your best bet to make those heals fly out faster so you can get back to regen/tank healing.

PvE

Snags pretty much every good heal increasing talent available for you. You should be using AMP+MP combo every time AMP is available. Bacta Infusion I like to use on cooldown since it cost no resources, unless I know spike dmg is incoming. Keep trauma prob on the tank at all times.

At first it can be tempting to sit on Super Charged Cells, and sometimes it is good to sit on that 30 stack. Just don't be affraid to use if you feel like you need it. When I run through hardmodes as Healer I use it pretty much whenever I can just because I can. Knowing when your group will take aoe dmg is key for saving it though since it is you best bet for getting the group back up.

If you are going PvP the spec stays pretty much the same, I just take the 2 points out of advanced tech and put them into Combat Shield(so you can't be interrupted with your bubble on) and Efficient conversions. Once you get used to healing there is much more wiggle room in the spec.

Chances are good that you will need to keep trauma probe on yourself, but if they other team is dumb and not focusing you throw it on whoever they are focusing. Shit gets hectic real fast as a commando healer since Kolto bomb is a dumb healing spell(as in it only heals 3 people and it's just as likely to heal the guy with full health and waste a heal if there are more than 3 people in range) and it can be a bitch to land as people tend to run around like idiots.

I could probably wirte several pages about what to do in warzones as a combat medic, but I'm not. Most of it you just have to learn first hand as what works best in one warzone won't necissarily work well in the next.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MASC Forum Index -> Trooper All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: