View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheNtrz
Proven
Veteran Poster

re: So you want to pew pew?

I'm going to work on a quick and dirty Commando DPS guide for both pvp/pve and probably a Healer one later too.

Any way first thing's first. Stat priority:

DPS stat priority, with reasons!

+Accuracy (up to 110%)
+Crit Chance (up to approximately 30%)
+Surge (up to approximately 80-85%)
+Tech Power/Power
+Alacrity

Some quick explanations on the suggested sweet spots:
Accuracy: 110% to push off the 10% base defense chance that bosses have.
Crit Chance: Far past 30%, the diminishing marginal returns are far too steep to keep stacking it.
Surge: Like Crit Chance, stacking past 80-85% Surge is far too prohibitive for what you give up)
Tech Power/Power: I don't list a value here because Tech Power/Power does not exhibit diminishing marginal returns. Therefore, once you have enough of the previous three stats as they are more important to grab, you can go ahead and start looking for the gear with the best +Power/Tech Power.

Specs:

Gunnery: Here is the spec you should be using for PvP. The only thing you need to change for PvE would be taking 2 points out of Concussive force or Cover Fire in favor of Cell Capacitor. I like to take them out of Cover Fire personally.

In PvP you want to single target people, you're good at bursting people down and it's what you should be doing. Grav round x2, Demo, HIB. Most non tanks will shit their pants and start panicing if Demo and HIB crit, god help them if all 4 crit. Full Auto you need to be smart about, If curtain of fire procs and I'm not being humped by an operative or maruader I will use my crit relic and lay into my target. Otherwise it's best saved for mop up purposes.

With 2piece pvp gear and talents you have a 15 second knockback that send people flying. If someone gets near you, use it. If they get near anyone on your team that isnt a melee, use it. Use that shit often. Learn to position yourself for maximum benefit. In huttball you can let people get killed by fire and poison, but positioning is just as important in Voidstar and Aldaran.

For PvE you want to open with Full Auto(to get it on cooldown) then grav round 3 times, Demo round and Full auto if curtain of fire proc'ed. Grav round 2 more times and HIB. After that it's pretty much just Grav round with Full Auto and Demo round on cooldown(and FA if curtain procs). Once you have 4 peice tionese/columni/rakata gear HIB is free and makes ammo regen even better.

Assualt:
PvP

Parallactic Combat Stims will keep you from going completely out of ammo. I'm not positive but it seems to proc even when resolve is full, I could test this pretty easily in a duel I suppose but I'm lazy and would rather wait for combat logs.

Your entire purpose in PvP as assualt is to dot the fuck out of the other team to prevent them from capping objectives. Anyone you see below 50% you should dot up, Assualt Plastique, HIB, and slam them with Full Auto and/or charged bolts to proc another HIB. That's pretty much the only way you will out right kill someone with pvp gear on. You end up doing around the same ammount or more dmg as assualt, but it's because you just dot everyone.

If people are objective humping on voidstar or civil war: tech override+reserve power cell+Incendiary Grenade, followed by Mortor Volley and Hail of Bolts= welcome to 400k+ dmg games.

PvE: Best bet if you want top PvE as Assualt. Though you may as well just go gunnery and do more dmg.

Degauss is actually useful since there are a few bosses that like to suck everyone in, slow you, then pbaoe the group. Degauss + Tenacity should mean you only get hit by one pbaoe in a fight in those cases.

You want your target burning, and you want assualt plastique used on cooldown. There is no aoe component to AP so you don't have to worry about breaking CC. Once your target is burning use Full Auto and Charged bolts to proc free HIB. I try to use reserve power cell with Incendiary round since it's 4 ammo, but sometimes that's just not an option when you need your target burning ASAP.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MASC Forum Index -> Trooper All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: