View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barrechor
Unproven
Noob

re: Jedi Knight Focus build

Just thought I would post my Focus build for any guildies whove rolled Guardian.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#5000MZhMMZGMRrkrMkGR.1

The Guardian focus build is designed to gain maximum effect from Force Sweep. It does this by adding damage buffs and a guaranteed critical chance. I'll explain further:

You want to start any fight by using Saber throw, this skill is buffed by 'Sundering throw' which adds two additional stacks of Sunder Armor to your target. Sundering Armor reduces the targets overall armor value by 4% per stack (Maximum of 5 stacks, equalling 20%) and lowers the cooldown of Saber throw by 5 seconds.

You then follow Saber throw with Force Leap, which is buffed by 'Felling blow' (Whenever using Force Leap or Zealous Leap, felling blow ensures that the next time you use Force Sweep within 15 seconds, it has a 100% critical chance).

By this time you have 6 focus generated. You then follow up with Sundering strike, which gains buffs from Improved sundering strike (Sundering Strike now generates 3 focus instead of 2) and Victory Rush (Sundering strike now places 2 stacks of sunder armor on your target instead of 1). You now have 9 Focus generated.

At this stage, your attacks will ignore 36% of your targets armor:

2 stacks of sunder armor added via Saber throw.
2 stacks of sunder armor added via Sundering strike.
an addition 20% of armor mitigation is provided by a focus tree perk called 'Shii-Cho Mastery' (When in Shii-Cho form your attacks ignore 20% of your targets armor).

The next move in the combo is 'Force Exhaustion', a personal favourite of mine. This skill is buffed by 2 perks from the Focus tree; Gravity (Reduces the cost of all movement slowing effects by 1 focus) and Singularity (Each tick of Force Stasis and Force Exhaustion grants you Singularity, increasing the damage your next Force Sweep deals by [12.5 / 25]%. Stacks up to 4 times.). Force exhaustion has a nice DOT effect, with the added effect of slowing your enemy down to 10% speed over 5 seconds (works from 60% down).

Using force exhaustion is the last step you take before unleashing a fully charged 'Force Sweep' onto your opponent. Now lets see how force sweep has benefited from this build up:

Force Sweep now has:

100% chance to crit (It shouldnt take you longer than 5 or 6 seconds to chain all these attacks)
85% improved damage from:
Swelling winds (30% dmg increase)
Singularity (25% dmg increase)
Focussed Resonance (30% dmg increase)

The amount of damage that follows can vary depending on your critical multiplier. This stat can be improved by using surge mods. I have hit a 5010 critical with force sweep against multiple opponents (Was also buffed by my relic skill at the time), although my regular crits land at about 4500-4800.

You can follow that combo up very quickly by using Zealous leap afterwards, this again guarantees your next force sweep to crit. After landing back on top of your target, use Force stasis (Builds singularity) then Sundering strike (Refreshes the sunder armor debuff and should add the 5th stack). You are then back into Force Sweep mode and your next sweep should again hit for very nice damage.

This is just a basic overview of how the focus build works, if you have any questions, feel free to post them below.

Thanks
Barr

re: Jedi Knight Focus build

Going to try this out thanks for posting, I need all the help I can get.

Jump to: