View previous topic :: View next topic  
Soulstripper
Proven
Veteran Poster

re: Battlefield Heroes

just saw this the other day

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battlefield_Heroes

Long story short its a 3rd person 1st person shooter w/ mmo type skill and class trees.

Bonus.... Free to play free to buy even? with income based on advertisements and purchase of gear etc.

Forum Regular

Got into beta and im gonna try it out today to see how it is.
Soulstripper
Proven
Veteran Poster

nice let me know how it is, my desktop hard drive just blew up so im ordering a new one, but as soon as that comes in im gonna play for a bit, looks pretty cool and ive always been a fan of the battlefield franchise.

Forum Regular

For it being free I am digging it.The third person PoV is very nice(to me at least since i'm a huge socom 1&2 fan).The lvl up system and store is pretty fun to customize your character.Couple powerful things here and there to cause balance issues and 3 classes seem small but it is beta still so looking foward to the full game.
Purple Storm
Draecon
Warlord
Jedi Librarian

agree with fu its pretty decent for free and not too inbalanced even for beta

Trizzel
Trizzel
Initiate
Veteran Poster

yah here's my take, since i put a ton of hours into this already. I got all 3 classes to lvl 8.

Faction side doesn't really seem to matter as they mirror almost exactly.

Exp income can be pretty slow, almost a grind. Granted there are exp boost widgets you can buy (with RL cash) but they're not available, at least not yet in beta. Besides fuk paying money!

The missions (quests) are a pretty cool feature. My only beef with em is that they're not class specific, they're just generic. This can make getting them done easier for certain class, at least imo. Getting 10 or 15 kills in a round as a sniper can be pretty tuff, but can be done easier with a soldier.

Vehicles are in but are kinda meh. Planes are bitch to to fly, lack real power when shooting tanks and ground troops. Only really useful when fighting other planes, but with numerous amount of AA guns there's no real point. Tanks lack power against ground troops as well, often times taking 5-6 shots to kill 1 soldier. Against other tanks and jeeps, only 2-3 shots. Honestly tho i dont like vehicles in shooters so theres no real love loss from me.

Now for abilities and weapons. Weapons between the class are generally in line in regards to balance. The only ones lacking imo are handguns for the commando. The knife does more damage and is free so i dont see a point to using a handgun yet.

Abilities are for the most part balanced. There's a few ones that need adjusting imo. The grenade spam for the soldier is kinda strong. They chuck up to like 6 or so grenades that basically detonate upon landing and do tremendous amounts of damage. The only real counter to this ability is the gunner's I eat grenades ability. This would be a really useful counter to grenade spam but since they detonate almost instantly it requires you to expect the soldier to throw them ahead of time. And I'm not certain but i think you cant have 2 buffs up at once or at least you cant stack I eat grenades and the shield ability. I think the commando's troop trap ability could have it's damage increased a bit, feels a little weak.

But all in all it think its a good game, especially for being free.
Crimson Death
Satsujinma
Warlord
Veteran Poster

Just signed up for beta.

sweet glad to hear that its a decent game, i hope to be online sometime later this week. ohh and im glad the vehicles suck imo vehicles shouldnt be allowed in FPS games.

Warlord
Veteran Poster

got my beta key today.

Jump to: