View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Purple Storm
Draecon
Warlord
Jedi Librarian

re: Please read as soon as you have 20 free minutes!

Guild Rules

let me know what you think or would like to see added or changed.

UncleDave
Proven
Veteran Poster

I think a mic for vent should be required.

Reason: Lets say a person that doesnt have a mic see's a danger either in raid or group dungeon, and needs to let a fellow group or raid member know something so the group or raid doesnt fail. if they have to type it out then we are all dead if it isnt caught.

If they dont want to get one then they can be in group 3 imo

the rest of the rules look good so far on my inital scan of them

Team Four needs more definition, I know it is set up for purely PVP/Crafting players but this Team runs the extreme risk of inflation. The last thing we need/want is a bloated guild full of PVP'ers/Crafters who log on, kill something, craft something and log off; this creates stagnation in any guild. This is the number one reason "PVP" guilds did not, can not, survive in WoW.

Though, AoC offers much more as far as content and playability I can see it being easy to slip into a rut being placed (even if by choice) in Team Four. However, looking at the same playability, if Team Four is specifically assigned PVP tasks and PVP Raids this could greatly help the effectiveness of this groups day by day operations. Though this may have been implied in your posts I feel it is something that NEEDS to be said.

This guild is going to be based largely off of military command and structure, organization and efficiency is a requirement second only to skill and the players tenacity and lust for victory. As very clearly stated in Drae's post idiocy and mediocrity will not be tolerated, when encounter it will be dealt with swiftly and effectively.

Though Team Four in name is the lowest of ranks it should be held the highest regard. When other guilds see our Battle Standard they must realize that their defeat is imminent.

- Thus spake Fenrir

(woot rp?) envy

Last edited by Tantus on 2007/10/21 11:07; edited 1 time in total
Tantus

Additionally but not entirely related: (though perhaps this should be posted under a "Guild Structure" title opposed to rules, but depending on who you are they are one and the same)

I notice that in the beginning the Document you stated several ranks and positions of standing. Perhaps at the end there should be a specific recap of what our earned title (and it must be earned) is.

If at all possible I would also like to suggest a "readiness" check be implemented into the Documents methods and practices. Mainly as a way to determine weekly/monthly guild progress. Each Officer would be responsible to check for the readiness of their subordinates. This can more simply be done and defined once we are better able to judge where we should stand and what the guild gross income should be.

An outlined operations manual (if that is the correct word) would show the incoming players that we MEAN business and that we have taken the time to assist the success of this guild. All that would remain is proper execution and enforcement of the pre-determined practices.

Ideally we would want the players to make this portion of their stay in the guild second nature. "Its friday, time to check in with the Generals about xyz." Understandably it will take some time for the trial members to get used to this. Also, is my hope that we will see a Mod that can do resource tracking (Think of Paypal or the DKP site in Zek.) and bank management, at the moment it may seem far fetched if and when this tool becomes available it will make these "readiness" checks all the more detailed...

At the moment I do understand that due to our limited knowledge (damn you beta) we will be unable to get into extreme detail. However, I think that between those of us who have followed this game religiously in the past months we should be able to piece together a working model.

-Thus spake Fenrir

(zomg rp?)

envy
Soulstripper
Proven
Veteran Poster

How will guild kicks be decided? Is it just a strait up guild leader call or will it be an officer vote?

How will recruiting be handled? (since we need like 120 people and we have like 15)

Other than that well thought out and well said. Thanks to all who contributed on the making of it and the ideas.
Purple Storm
Draecon
Warlord
Jedi Librarian

well i guess i forgot to comment on this. but for soul...

1. kicks will be either the general of said members grp will report the issue to the other generals and either discuss it if he is unsure or be overturned and member will be moved to another grp for evaluation.

2. recruitment is gonna need to be done on a grand scale to begin with. pretty much everyone will need to help. get people you know irl or just people you have grped with in game and think they could be an asset. to begin with i will pick 5-10 people and give them rights to add/remove members then as we fill up i will adjust their rights as we see fit.

3. i need more to type about as my computer is fried and this is all it can handle til i order the new one.

Soulstripper
Proven
Veteran Poster

Ur comp is fried? What happened? Mine fried the other day to untill i started taking it apart and realized that i had 2 hd running off the same slot w/ the primary master booting after the primary slave .

Ps. I try to keep my computer away from the hot oil and that usually stops mine from getting fried.

Warlord
Jedi Librarian

yeah mobo/proc wont handle any ram and g-card has been goin a while.

got a new rig worked out ill post the stuff later its only gonna run 1200 with no os(vista 320)

Soulstripper
Proven
Veteran Poster

yea let me know ur specs im interested to see Happy Your getting all ur stuff off newegg i hope?

Warlord
Jedi Librarian

yessir ill link later today

cdnsailorboy

First off, thanks for the invite, can't wait to get in game and from what ive been reading, this seems like the place for me. Now as for the rules, here's my 2 cents.

Now down to buisness, speaking from experience I completely agree with Wendi. I've seen too many wipes in too many raids where someone was typing some very valuable information in Raid Chat, that was missed in the heat of battle, something that could have been said over Vent and saved the party a wipe and repair bill. Not everyone needs to talk during raids, in fact for the most part only the raid leader should be talking, but everyone should have the ability to call something out if they see reason to.

Second, the definitions for Officers is pretty vague.
Quote:
Each main officer ( General) will be made to govern a group of people pre-designated by the guild and be responsible for filling any gaps made by retiring players.
Once again speaking from past experience, finding a STRONG officer for each class, and giving them "control" over their respective classes tends to be the most productive. (This may have been what you were going for but its not clear in the rules.) It spreads out the responsability of recruiting between several people, and gives the members of each class a "go to" person for questions, complaints, bitches etc.

Thirdly the loot rules are VERY loose, and I think should be re-considered. Most people won't admit that they're greedy, but in my experience most guild issues evolve from loot issues. Even if every other rule in the book is very "loose" I'm a firm believer in a fair, and strongly defined loot system. Granted that "issue" is still months down the road, however I think its something you should start thinking about, considering and developing before it becomes an issue.

add

Last edited by fearthepib on 2008/04/07 5:09; edited 1 time in total
fearthepib
Proven
Forum Regular

I think Wendi is right, people need to have mic's, or our responses to sticky situations will be to slow... + it takes to long for people to type how great I am.

Secondly and most important to me, is that loot should go to most deserving, not the one who needs it most. Being lazy and not getting blues should not be a short cut to them nice purples.

Thirdly group 1 is a little unclear to me when you stated they were to help teach other groups does that mean after they clear the new raid and get the hang of it .they dissolve into the other 3 groups to help them clear before reforming to start next raid? or will it be simply a matter of telling them how they did it in vent?

In regards to team 4, it seems more like a loaf team or a social group, not so much an actual organized play group. will they have responsibilities? Or will they just be guildies because they like our chat, also If your hard core into pvp doe that mean you cant be in group 1?

Also with the elimination of prestige classes do we still need 150 people or is our target number smaller. We may need 5 or 6 groups being as raids are only 24 people and there are 4 groups that dont = 150 even with a few extra buffer people in each group. If so how will the addition of new groups be handled?

Who will be given the right to boot people just guild leader or generals maybe? If so how will kicks be handled right off the bat or will there be a procedure?

I like what Pmd said with class leaders,and i think we should look into doing this. If so then I believe that the leader of each class should have a forum post about how to play the class properly in a raid, like wat skillz abilities stats ect... you should have and use. This would obviously be for the benefit of new players.

further more how will you be able to prove your worth to get into group 1? If i know im a better necro then vampire heart, but group 1 is satisfied with him how would i go about knocking him of his perch. Will there be dps throw down competitions?

Another reasonable question is will all the generals need to be group 1 material? because some times your best leader is not you best player. Some amazing players are douche bags.

i wont be an officer stiehl, but i will have the power to boot you... i promise Happy

Last edited by UncleDave on 2008/04/09 16:30; edited 1 time in total

man fuck u wendi McDonald's is better any way ..l..

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: