View previous topic :: View next topic  
Purple Storm
Draecon
Warlord
Jedi Librarian

re: How to Register

How to Add Users to Your Guild
There are two ways a user can join your guild.

1. Using a Launch Code
2. The application process

Regardless of which process they use every member must create a Guild Launch account and submit the application.
The Launch Code just allows the user to be added to the guild and bypass the 'acceptance' step in the application process.

Existing Members
The best way to get existing members into your guild is to use a <b>Launch Code</b>.
A Launch Code is a password that allows an applicant to skip the application process
and automatically join the guild. If the user does not use a launch code their application
will have to be approved by a guild admin.

New Members
New members can use a launch code, if you give it to them, or they can go through the application
process. If they go through the application process then their membership will have to be approved
by a guild admin.

The full process to get someone into the guild through the application process is:
1. Go to your guildsite URL. That is the URL in the browser window starting with "http://".
2. Click the "Apply to Guild" link on the left side.
2a. If the user already has an account they will see the application form.
2b. If the user does not have an account they will be able to create an account and then your guild's application will be displayed to them.
3. The user then submits the application.
4. The application will appear on the guild's Approve Applications area of the MEMBERS tab in the Guild Admin area.
5. The guild admin must approve the application.
5a. (Optional) If the member is an officer or you have created other security groups then add them to the
Officer group when you accept them so they can see the officer forum.
6. The user is now a member of your guild!

Last edited by Draecon on 2007/10/07 18:01; edited 3 times in total
The_Original_Davros
Proven
Forum Regular

Looks great so far
Justhaze

re: PLEASE READ

For potential applicants:
Before filling out the application and submitting it, I'd suggest you go to the "Member Discussion" topic in our forums. Read a few, previous applications and their respective comments and criticisms to understand what we expect from you in terms of your application. Also note that, at this time, your application is the only thing on which we can base our opinion of you: we can't assess your skill in-game since AoC hasn't been released yet. Simply stating "I enjoy killing people," "I play well with others," or "Shiny objects intrigue me" won't cut it. I / We don't know you, so convince me / us to accept you.
Albron

""Shiny objects intrigue me" won't cut it."

Try to list previous experiences in MMOs if you have any any what you did; e.g. PvE raid leader, GM, etc..
Soulstripper
Proven
Veteran Poster

Also all potential members please realize that since we have no game out atm to judge you on we are leaning heavily on the app. The more information you give the better. The more you check to see replies to your app the better. The more you converse on you post the better. These are all things that are likely to get you into the guild. Short responses, no replies to questions, and smelly feet. These are all things that are likely to NOT get you invited into the guild. (i hate smelly feet)

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: