View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Crimson Death
Satsujinma
Warlord
Veteran Poster

re: Mastery Path Calculator

weird it wasn't letting me do it earlier. that's prolly the build i'll be going.

This is prolly gonna be my RP build....

http://www.wardb.com/career.aspx?id=3#7:160:14:8704:0:0:25:1628:1632:592:1622::::694:1644:696:697

Some good archmage type dmg abilities but with better healing abilities from core abilities.Might switch out some tactics depending if I like the ones i got in
atm
Soulstripper
Proven
Veteran Poster

http://www.wardb.com/career.aspx?id=12#0:0:14:10240:7:160:25

my WP spec. Basicly spamming the 2 attacks that heal groupmates and my defensive target. so far ive found this is the best way to pvp w/ a WP. Also get the 15% crit chance and the 60 wounds buff.

Initiate
Veteran Poster

Seems pretty solid soul, tho you didnt set your tactics up, id like to see what 4 tactics you plan on running with.
cryoss
Proven
Forum Regular

http://www.wardb.com/career.aspx?id=4#15:0:10:0:0:0:25:544:549:550:713:14159:14120:15111:648:649:1576:651

this is pretty much what im doing. morales and tactics may get jumbled around after i test it out.

Warlord
Veteran Poster

cryoss wrote:
http://www.wardb.com/career.aspx?id=4#15:0:10:0:0:0:25:544:549:550:713:14159:14120:15111:648:649:1576:651

this is pretty much what im doing. morales and tactics may get jumbled around after i test it out.

you're not taking any tree abilities?

those are my 4 tactics. Each one helps the other.

ps. Cryoss it requires one skill point to aquire those skills u cant just be high enough level for them u actually have to buy them with a skill point.

Initiate
Veteran Poster

Quote:

Which four? I dont see anything listed anywhere, wheres the link?
TheNtrz
Proven
Veteran Poster

Soulstripper wrote:

the link you posted doesnt have any tactics/morale abilities picked...

though one thing you may not have known: From trolling the forums i found out that all the heals you do that are based on your dmg done dont get reduced by divine fury, only the heals from path of salvation take the minus healing hit....though I'd assume rend soul would be exempt from it since it's dmg based. Also unless they change the tactic completely you really wouldnt have to worry about them "fixing" it cuz it would still net you 25% dmg and 5% healing if they did make it affect the dmg based healing.

edit: your build is basically what I was looking at for a WP, here's the tactics I'd have equipped with that build
http://www.wardb.com/career.aspx?id=12#0:0:14:10240:7:160:25:585:8292:8293:8277::::694:695:8304:697
Soulstripper
Proven
Veteran Poster

http://www.wardb.com/career.aspx?id=12#0:0:14:10240:7:160:25:585:8292:8293:8276::::694:695:8304:697

Dunno why my previous link didnt work. I was in hurry but coulda sworn I had it linked. Ohh well basicly the only think I would change from naters 4 recomended is the 50% auto attack speed w/ crit. I was able to test this out in beta and what I found is that even w/o the 15% bonus to crit on normal mobs 2 levels above me I had a haste buff about 60% of the time. My guess is that in pvp it will be a bit higher due to the 15% crit cancelling out alot of initiative stats. So im thinkin 65-70% hopefully.

Naters were did you find that 25%/20% tactic on the warhammeralliance forums? Cause thats freakin sick if thats true. If that is the case then with the grace spec thats a sweet tactic. If they change it the only thing I was gonna do was go with the 160 willpower buff.

The goal of that spec is to be a caster killer. Basicly run to the sides/behind groups with a dps class (IB works best so far from what ive seen). And just assist train casters/healers down. From what ive seen IB/WP combo is pretty sick cause its good dps and great survivability. With a RP its even better. From the scenarios triz/fu/me can pretty much wreck havoc to anyone.

**edit**
http://www.wardb.com/career.aspx?id=12#5:32:13:10240:7:160:30:585:8292:8293:8276::::690:695:696:697

Heres my optimal RR80 build. No point in going for a rank 4 moral in any tree since my current one is an insta AoE rez. Also the barrier is nice cause it gives me the chance to cast uninterupted or use a channeled attack/heal.

Veteran Poster

I found the info when I was reading through the DoK forums, a few guys that were playing around with Sacrifice spec(the equivalent to WP Grace spec) tested it and posted that it wasnt lowering the heals of their healing based on dmg done skills.

I personally dont like increased auto attack speed buffs just because in WAR white dmg seems to be a LOT less important than it was in WoW. I think the gain from another tactic out weighs the attack speed buff.
Soulstripper
Proven
Veteran Poster

Naters wrote:
I personally dont like increased auto attack speed buffs just because in WAR white dmg seems to be a LOT less important than it was in WoW. I think the gain from another tactic out weighs the attack speed buff.

After alot of testing with both ive really learned to love the auto attack dmg. Since my wep speed is sooo slow when I crit it increases my dps alot. And the 20% loss of healing is really a big deal since I try to keep myself and my deftarget always hot'd up.

http://www.wardb.com/career.aspx?id=12#0:0:13:10240:8:160:25:8292:8293:8276:592

This is kinda what im thinking more and more. But well see when I get T3 how much that changes.

Veteran Poster

after doing some research I found out that the auto attack shit is HUGE. your normal attacks go off even if you're spamming the fuck out of abilities and and never see the animation for them. combat log parsing was showing that white dmg was making up about 30-40% of dmg done. However soul, if you're going for Grace of Sigmar and not slotting diving fury Im fairly certain you're retarded. Ideally you'd be stacking the shit outa str(at least once you got grace) gear for that build so your HoTs would already be weak as shit, so it wouldnt matter if they were weaker from the lack of the willpower tactic/divine fury.
Soulstripper
Proven
Veteran Poster

Actually I like greave of sigmar. Its an early ability that helps alot. Its a 20 second buff and the increase to str/toughness is huge. Especially if I have an IB friend. My biggest thing though is if i go 25%/20% I loose ALOT of healing. My healing accounts for way more than my damage if I play well. So loosing that 20% healing is way more important than 25% damage. The toughness too is huge. 104 toughness at my level is almost 5% melee reduction.

But just today I read something that might make me switch that slot to 160 willpower buff. Apparantly according to the forums. Willpower gives a buff to some of my melee attacks as well as healing. My melee attacks that restore health get a direct buff to healing. And since my dmg is always 50% of my healing (atm) I get a direct buff to damage. Happy Also interupt is nice so I might play with that when I get it.

Veteran Poster

with grace of sigmar divine strike and sigmar's radiance become your primary heals. Willpower DOES NOT affect the heas of those thwo abilities because they are based on dmg done. the minus healing from divine fury doesnt affect their heal component. With grace tactic your HoT's become the icing on your heal cake, it doesnt matter if they take a "huge healing hit" from the lack of willpower/healing penalty from divine fury because your two main heals that you will be sapmming every global cooldown are based on dmg done. you'll still be doing 2x if not more healing than dmg done depending on how well people stay near you.

I'll say it again if you are going for grace of sigmar and are not stacking str and slotting diving fury you are retarded. Now prior to getting grace your best bet really is to stack willpower for your HoT.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MASC Forum Index -> Archives All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: