View previous topic :: View next topic  
LustHawk

re: motherfvcking computer...

So I replaced the power supply, and it still freezes. I've literally replaced every single part in the PC except for the stupid DVD burner (mobo, cpu, heatsink, RAM, vidcard, HDD, PSU), and it still fvckin' freezes. The only thing I haven't replaced is the case, and I swear to god I'm actually going to pick one up after work today and replace that too. Complete rebuild tonight, and if it doesn't work, I'm giving it to GoodWill.

If todays RAID is going down, you'll have to count me out, until I can get this shit situated.

Balenger

What kind of case do you have.

To be honest it might be the problem. Older cases are bad for newer computers since they do not provide ample ventilation and air flow. A lot of times older cases will retain to much heat and your processor/video card will stop working causing your computer to freeze. Another thing might just be bad RAM.
LustHawk

Balenger wrote:
What kind of case do you have.

To be honest it might be the problem. Older cases are bad for newer computers since they do not provide ample ventilation and air flow. A lot of times older cases will retain to much heat and your processor/video card will stop working causing your computer to freeze. Another thing might just be bad RAM.

Yeah but considering the temp was reading at 30C it is way below the threshold. I thought it might be reading wrong even though the heatsink is relatively cool, I picked up a new case anyways since I saw one I liked a lot better. It didn't fix the problem of course. I've replaced every single part in the computer now and am now looking at possible power issues in my apt. I've also pumped the voltage approx. .25 to the cpu (not relating that to the possible apt. power issue, just that the cpu will strain less and should run a little cooler), which may or may not help. No freeze yet while Conan is installing, which is a good sign (it was freezing previously, I'm not going to get my hopes up though...)

LustHawk

Well it worked for a while before it just completely ate shit. Now I have no computer :-X I'm going to try to hook up the old system I had (it actually ran Conan pretty well). But I'll probably miss the raid today. :-/

xshiNji

What are your system specs? I just want to know so I can get a better idea of what you have and what your problem maybe.
LustHawk

xshiNji wrote:
What are your system specs? I just want to know so I can get a better idea of what you have and what your problem maybe.

Trust me mang... after like 13 years of building these things, this is the first true obstacle I've ever hit that I couldn't fix easily. It's an Asus P5K-E Deluxe, e8500, 8800GT, 4GB DDR3, 850W power supply. The real problem is that I've actually bought an ENTIRE new system (new cpu, new mobo, new memory, new video card, new PSU, ALL different models), and it STILL froze! Which of course leads me to think that it's just too fuckin' hot in my room, but the local temps read fine (between 35-60). I'm at the point now where I worry that something is wrong with the power on the circuit I'm plugged into and I just can't draw what I need (so now I have to meter it and see if that's an issue).

Anyone who thinks they can crack this is welcome to try :-X You have no idea how pissed I am that I missed the Vistrix kill mad

Purple Storm
Draecon
Warlord
Jedi Librarian

if it helps midnite i saw you there in spirit

LustHawk

Draecon wrote:
if it helps midnite i saw you there in spirit

It was probably me literally there, dead after another fuckin' freeze :p

I've got it up and running for the moment.. I dunno, looks like heat still might be the issue since it's cooler here now and running ok. Might have to go to liquid cooled.. mad

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MASC Forum Index -> Archives All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: