View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
TheNtrz
Proven
Veteran Poster

re: Barb shit

so here's what Im looking at for lvl 80
rawr

some of the stuff in the general tree is really just based on personal preference. I could easily take points out of the physical and magic invulnerability feats to pick up escape artist and cheat the reaper. But with unstable mind Escape artist seems like overkill since UM has a very reasonable cooldown. Also cheat the reaper gives you the stupid loading screen like a normal death/rez so that really kills the feat imo.

if some of the other feats(second wind for expample) dont feel like they are worthwile I'll just dump the points into improving butcher.

granted this build effectively makes the barb into the AoC equivalent of a 3 minute mage from WoW, it at least provides enough survivability and control options to make up for the lack dps options.

oh one thing to note, even if a player isnt knocked back, if you see they actually got hit by the skill(you can see the root debuff on them) you can hop back and pop finishing blow. I found that one out when dealing with a very annoying conq a few nights ago

As for skill points right now i have hiding maxed, and 200 in bandaging/recovery/fast recovery each. Im sitting onlike 500+ unspent points. Is skulk working/worth it? I've been trolling the barb forums butcant find any really useful info on where to put skill points besides maxing hiding and putting enough into bandaging/recovery/fast recovery to minimize downtime to whatever feels acceptable.
Trasbin

I'm gonna try and do as much dps as can with my barb.
Kindori

http://feats.goonheim.com/barbarian#t0a5b5d5e2i3k1l1m1n1t1a5b5d3e3g1i3k1l1m3n2o3r5s5v5w3x5y1z1t2

This is my tentative level 80 build. I havent seen anyone else post a Berserker/Reaver build so im sort of worried.

To be honest, I dont find the general feats to be that good.

Only 5 points in Reaver are wasted. And you get some very nice ablities
Soulstripper
Proven
Veteran Poster

Why the 3% evade chance naters IMO those points could be spent better.

Veteran Poster

Soulstripper wrote:
Why the 3% evade chance naters IMO those points could be spent better.

better spent on what though...I mean hell i got everything worthwhile in zerker tree. short of improving butcher dmg theres nothing that seems worthwile to put the points into.
TheNtrz
Proven
Veteran Poster

I am once again considering setting my 2h into my alt weapon slot and breaking out 2 one handers. Reason being this: with my current 2h barb build I'm awesome as shit solo pvp but in a group Im all but an annoyance after my initial combo sequence. Sta issues, and half my shit being 2 min cooldowns, and only 2 "dps" combos leaves me feeling as though dw will be the way to go for group pvp.

DW has lots of bleed effects, and with a 2h as my weapon swap(the ammount of times i've killed a runner with my bow can be counted on one hand)I'll still have 1 knockback/stun and much more dmg output.

hitting the general tree down to escape artist will also aid in those solo pvp times as well as make me more mobile during group fights. Still working out a final build, I'll post it when I've done a wee bit more research/played with some things some more.
Soulstripper
Proven
Veteran Poster

escape artist give the rogue an ability that gets them out of traps and snares. 3 points..... imo a much better ability.

Veteran Poster

Soulstripper wrote:
escape artist give the rogue an ability that gets them out of traps and snares. 3 points..... imo a much better ability.

As i stated though, Unstable Mind does the same thing, and also provides immunity(which escape artist doent). it would still be useful, but much less so than using it in a dw build like i plan to.
Trasbin

Naters your build looks badass. Along the lines of being more party friendly I would suggest moving points from acrobat(3% evade) to swarm fighter(heals when hit). Doing swarm the fighter then rampage would essentially allow u to tank. Then once they end do the Aoe knockback. Probably gonna be my build but won't know till I actually see it in effect. Also do you know what the seconed wind ability does, cause from its description I have no clue.
Soulstripper
Proven
Veteran Poster

second wind is like poping a sta pot. 10 min cooldown base dont know how much it goes up with levels.

Veteran Poster

Soulstripper wrote:
second wind is like poping a sta pot. 10 min cooldown base dont know how much it goes up with levels.

as you level up it stays better than a sta pot. at 69 it ticks for about 20-30 more than a pot. With talents it is down to a 5min cool down.

While Im enjoying a DW build atm Im fairly certain I'll be going back to 2h once i hit 80. But for the lvl grind dw blows 2h away. 2h builds just have massive control/survivability thanks to the stun/knockback combos. grinding ft...
TheNtrz
Proven
Veteran Poster

I shy away from swarm fighter since the tool tip makes me kinda weary if the heal effect will go off if no minions are taunted.

Im looking at two slightly different builds for 80 now.
pvp only build

a more pve focused 2h build

personally Im leaning towards the more pve build for a 2h since it has EVERYTHING that is worth a damn from Beserker tree+ reaver stance for raiding and the aggro droping ability. The general tree really feels kind "meh" to me. some of the things in there are really nice, but not nice enough to drop so many points into it to pick it all up vs what you gain by going balls to the wall into the serker tree

Last edited by TheNtrz on 2008/06/09 10:18; edited 1 time in total
TheNtrz
Proven
Veteran Poster

Kindori wrote:
http://feats.goonheim.com/barbarian#t0a5b5d5e2i3k1l1m1n1t1a5b5d3e3g1i3k1l1m3n2o3r5s5v5w3x5y1z1t2

This is my tentative level 80 build. I havent seen anyone else post a Berserker/Reaver build so im sort of worried.

To be honest, I dont find the general feats to be that good.

Only 5 points in Reaver are wasted. And you get some very nice ablities

if you want to try a reaver/zerk build i'd personally swap the points around so the build is more like this:
gotta love servers being down lawlz
Trasbin

With cheat the reaper do you have to click the ability when you die or is it automatic?
TheNtrz
Proven
Veteran Poster

for cheat the reaper you just get an extra box like you recieved a res if the skill decides to proc.

With the updates happening today Im gonna be trying 2h again. Honestly while the DPS of SoC is crazy good I just feel naked without all the stuns/knockbacks. I might not be able to one shot someone with Staggering Blow or Butcher but at least I'd have some group pvp utility.

I'm working on redoing my 2h build atm since swift shadows in the general tree now improves stealth movement rate by 15% and stacks with skulk.

edit: assuming FB and Decap no longer suck big floppy donkey dick after today's update here's what Im looking at.

http://www.conanarmory.com/feat.aspx?id=2#::efe5fefe3fefefe2fe2fef27ef2efe2fe3f8e
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MASC Forum Index -> Archives All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: