View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crimson Death
Satsujinma
Warlord
Veteran Poster

re: Chromatic Dragons Code of Conduct

What follows is the Code of Conduct adopted by Chromatic Dragons. It is both a personal code and a team code. It stems from inspiration generated by the Chromatic Dragons Credo of Honor Integrity and Fairness.

Other teams and fields are welcome to copy, modify and distribute for the good of the game.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) I will read and follow the rules - staying well with in their boundaries.

2) When I feel a hit, I will cease firing and promptly check myself. If hit, I will call my self out, and quickly exit the game as to cause minimal disruption. If possible and not disruptive to the game, I will congratulate my opponent on his efforts if due. I will NOT wipe paint or continue playing on once I feel a hit.

3) When I shoot an opponent and see a ball break or hear a ball hit, I will give the person a moment to call it. After a few seconds, I will politely tell the person where I saw the ball break (or tell him I heard it hit). If the gentleman continues to play on I will not lower my standards - I will simply continue to press my attack.

4) Once I am eliminated, I will clearly call my self out, hold my gun UP, and exit the area quickly and in the least disruptive manner possible. I will then plug my gun and continue to hold it up as to signal out as I exit the field or return to the spawn area. During this time, I will not communicate to active players on the field.

5) Under no circumstances will I intentionally overshoot an opponent or shoot as to injure as opponent (groin, throat, temple, unprotected ear, ladies breast)

6) When I encounter an opportunity with a young, elderly or novice opponent, I will extend that player additional courtesy. (go for surrender, hopper shot, goggle shot, pack shot, or just move on to more challenging targets)

7) When I encounter a young, elderly or novice allied player, I will be patient with that player and inspire them by my example.

8) If I see an unmasked player (or spectator) on the playing field, I will immediate cease all actions that may endanger the unprotected individual. I will advise the player (or spectator) in question to PUT THEIR MASK ON. If they immediately comply, then I play on. If not, I plug my marker, yell CEASE FIRE, try to protect the player with my body, and then politely remove him from the playing field. The refs should take care of these issues, but as players we occasionally MUST step in for the good of the game.

9) I will use common sense at all times.

10) In person, and online, I will avoid flaming, condescending remarks, and actions that could possibly be construed as unsportsmanlike. Winning and loosing are not excuses for poor sportsmanship. Be a gracious winner and a good looser. HOW you play and HOW you handle yourself are far more important than the outcome.

11) If a situation degenerates into unsportsmanlike conduct, I will remove myself or otherwise avoid the situation.

12) I will not drink alcohol or use illegal drugs while playing the game as these can alter my judgment and physical abilities.

13) I will avoid using profane language in all instances.

14) At field paint only event, I will only shoot field paint.

15) If I think my marker is spiking, I will immediately pull myself from the game and address it. Furthermore, I will not intentionally perform actions that cause my gun to spike its velocity while playing. I will regularly chronograph my marker at every practical opportunity.

16) I will treat my marker as if it were loaded at all times. I will NEVER aim my marker at an unmasked player or unmasked spectator - loaded, or unloaded.

17) I will keep my markers bagged when in public and not in use.

18) I will not shoot public traffic signs, cars, pedestrians, pets, houses, lights, chronographs, buildings etc. that are not part of a paintball field and on the field of play.

19) I will encourage new players to try the game of paintball and will treat them with respect.

20) I will not use eliminated players, spectators, or refs as physical cover.

21) I understand that as a guest of, or member of, Chromatic Dragons, that I represent Chromatic Dragons in my actions, and that I am therefore held accountable by the team.

22) I understand that paintball is a game of honor, and I will play it that way.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TEAM ADOPTION SUGGESTIONS:

Should a paintball team adopt this code as a standard for it's team, it should also include a provision for enforcing the ideals within the code.

CONSIDERATION: Consideration of an infraction of the code could be made by either the whole team in a democratic fashion to reinforce the team's dedication to the ideals within the code, or by the team leaders in a more private setting to avoid undue embarrassment. Either way, it is a team matter to decide how to enforce the code. Significant consideration should always be given to the severity of the infraction and the intent of the player.

SAMPLE CONSEQUENCES: In the past, we have used several different approaches for "punishment" including benching a player for the remainder of a particular event, placing a player on a three game probation, to immediate forgiveness of an incident with a warning to avoid future reoccurrences. We have yet to eject a player from the team for any reason.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FIELD ADOPTION SUGGESTIONS:

If you have a problem with customers complaining about wipers, guys playing on, being overshot, or sportsmanship related issues, you may wish to consider implementing a few rules sure to please:

IMPORTANT: Significant consideration should always be given to the severity of the infraction and the intent of the player.

SAMPLE CONSEQUENCES: for sportsmanship related infractions:

* Accidental or newbie mistake : warning.
* First offense w/ intent : done for the day.
* Repeat offenders : banned from field for 1 month.
* Habitual offenders : banned from field forever.

ENFORCEMENT: Quietly work two player refs into a few game. Cross reference and verify each others observations. Make examples of most egregious offenders first. Post cheating penalties in obvious places.

Veteran Poster

Shits for fags.

Yo.
Katira
Initiate
Poster

what do you play with women!!!!!! play like a man Crotch shots all day

no protection shot him in the forehead to teach him to keep his mask on
Trizzel
Trizzel
Initiate
Veteran Poster

Quote:
what do you play with women

Yes, we do.
Purple Storm
Draecon
Warlord
Jedi Librarian

yes, yes we do. i suggest trying it

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MASC Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: