View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheNtrz
Proven
Veteran Poster

re: How not to be broke while leveling crafting.

From putzing around with Armstech this past weekend, and seeing all the bitch fest posts about how leveling crafting while leveling makes you broke I've compiled a simple list of how to simply not be broke.

Most of this shit should be common sense for Vet MMO players though.

1)Gather everything you can. By the time I left Coruscant I had HUNDREDS of the scavenging grade one and a good chunch of grade 2 mats. I did some basic crafting to get armstech up and threw the shit ton of mats into the bank. I was stopped gathering 2/3 of the way through Coruscant and 1/2 way through Taris
By the time I left Taris I had a few hundred of the grade 2s.

2) Once you have 2 companions+ your ship's droid you should have 2 people crafting 5 items constantly. Vendor every thing. Make a few different items and to see which has the best Mat to credit ratio and just start pumping out those.
I had enough mats to make 100 or so items to vendor after I made companion weapons. That was 75k worth of vendored guns. If I gathered everything it would have been MUCH more money

There are enough Medical service droids around that you can loot everything and continually craft and still not have to worry about vendoring most of the time.

3)Don't bother reverse engineering anything that either you or your companions can't use. The blue recipes before level 25 arent worth the trouble, at least for armstech.

4)With mission gathering trades level up off of the cheapest of the available rank, for investigation it was companion gift missions. Vendor the crap, and once you are over the range you need you can select the more expensive material ones. If you are leveled higher than the mission you select then you are more likely to get more/better mats from it. I also didnt bother doing Investigation until level 23 when I started to see weapons that were comparable to what I had been modding already.

5)I didn't notice this at first but Drae pointed it out. Occasionally your companion will crit a craft. Watch out for those, because even green they will be better than most anything you can get. Keep them for yourself or sell them to other players for some nice credits.

You can also crit on blue items giving them MORE mod slots. It's much rarer than the greens critting, but it's fucking awesome.

To sum it up: Gather everything, vendor crafted items, don't do mission gathering until your 20s. Also remember speeder training is 40k at 25 and another 8k for the bike(collector's edition gets a free bike).
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MASC Forum Index -> Crafting All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: